Here we go.

19 August 2016

July 2016: My home, it's so cold, air-conditioned to the bone.

08-08-2016: North Little Rock is basically paved-over swamp land, but with some hills. July has unveiled the terrain's true nature with the perfect blend of extremely high temperatures + daily isolated thunder showers. Nothing fully dries out, the air is unbreathable, we can hardly keep up with the need to trim everything, like the weeds, the bushes, the limbs. The mosquitos and my hair are out of control.  

This past Sunday night, ATM + I went to a party. The need to socialize was great, even if it was a school night. It's no wonder because for the past couple of months, we've all been hanging out in our darkened homes, in front of fans, soaking in A/C. I don't always hate summer. I don't always love it. This year, I loathe it. Maybe it's because I've not gone swimming at all.  I do my business -- shopping + whatnot -- after sun down.  It's terrible out there!


For the 4th of July weekend, we went to New Orleans to visit Collin.  I'd texted him a week or so before to make sure he had air conditioning. This is a reasonable thing to ask. Despite the formidable death grip of heat + humidity, we had a good time, met some rad people. This time, we stayed in the Bywater.  Upon occasion, we ducked into the Quarter for supplies or a meal. I'll just post the damb pics.


En route, Baton Rouge. I love this font:

 photo 1F0394D4-7D41-4B7C-A62D-6AD16992F338_zpsa4vzkscb.jpg

I love Collin's place. Visit him while you can! Here shortly, there'll be some new condos built across the street rendering it all impossible. He's getting tired of living in NO anyway.

 photo 0F04E948-3C6D-4D01-84FB-E6EA26E8824F_zps0ojzuixb.jpg

 photo 5A396385-69D8-4960-809A-60228F5BFBD4_zpsdc6eytmd.jpg

 photo C5EF4839-846F-422E-841C-A2709585AE88_zpsp0l56dpm.jpg

 photo A1461FCF-EB18-47AE-BF15-5C7078326A65_zpsidsppkfc.jpg

 photo F84E6D0E-D1B8-4CAA-910A-C1F5B961AAC7_zpsniq6vueb.jpg

 photo 75373780-3C7E-4A89-AA01-F700604C84FA_zpszbltftkv.jpg

 photo A434CF32-1536-4864-9CD6-11BB63C40F76_zpsqcvyaczw.jpg

 photo 95633D4A-1A66-4D41-8D48-A8DF205D0724_zpswxmv1ubx.jpg

 photo 8F48017D-E51C-4881-92F3-04866574F018_zpseteolwst.jpg

 photo 7101AE1F-B501-46FB-82E3-27A235E9BD02_zpspkvik1pw.jpg

 photo 88C0CBD6-BF28-4CFD-A9CA-2681614856FF_zpseo6a3niy.jpg

 photo D20047E6-7928-47D1-A771-CA4176B2BFEA_zpswawp07os.jpg

 photo 7E1FFAEF-DF40-4066-B90A-0AC437023EF4_zpsb6hnflvx.jpg

 photo 78970944-1673-4145-9AC8-4F034F516B93_zps2qicdqsz.jpg

 photo F1DEA269-539F-486C-A761-2D77EEDEA8B9_zps3rqdaebd.jpg

 photo 1E1E0E73-B84A-480E-B8C5-9C00625BAA65_zpsfvq0vrry.jpg

 photo BED1296E-F5CF-4A89-BAB6-00729642D545_zpsrj6o7lpq.jpg

We weren't in New Orleans for the actual 4th. We drove home on the 3rd. It was cool to drive through the delta and see all these small towns prepare for it. Watermelon, tomatoes, corn. As the sky darkened, we saw fireworks dotting the sky all over the fields and horizon. We ourselves celebrated at home by making elote:
 photo A8C7A306-80DB-423C-85FF-11A7E2C5411C_zpsif4bpzxy.jpg

Even though the '15-'16 Stanley Cup Finals were long over, seven people's schedules finally aligned to celebrate and honor our bracket winner. For the second year in a row, ATM! He's 2/2 now:
 photo 4892BE7E-2B4A-41D0-8DB4-3709C23350D4_zpseaxfqrwx.jpg

Group shot, always in B&W:
 photo FE90B18C-68ED-4822-AA83-FFA6F6A74696_zpsaq3ipnxp.jpg

I feel like it's been a long time since I've seen a cart like this:
 photo 29089BD5-9554-4516-93B0-0A44608BFE30_zpsvqyuekrn.jpg

 photo 32996E4B-E6A7-4BAF-957D-A05C105B0B9E_zpsei4qyygc.jpg

My co-worker is really in to Pokemon GO. I knew the bailiff in an another division was too, so I introduced them and then they started speaking a language I didn't understand. Then, they said that they were going to do a battle during lunch, so I invited myself to witness this spectacle.
 photo 3E182974-D3BA-46F1-80EB-B131C66AEEF3_zpsck5bnedn.jpg

We made our way to the Old State House where there is a thing called a "gym", dominated by Team Red. When we got there, there were three other players, two Team Blues and one Team Red.  The seated fella with the sunglasses (Red) was stronger than the rest and it took them some doing to claim the gym. I'm not a player and my interest does not go beyond this post, but I think it's ok to put the pitchforks away and save the I DON'T GET ITs and I DON'T LIKE ITs for another thing. It was cute and they all left as buds, so whatever.
 photo BB62CEBF-F346-4C62-B4FE-448D72B522AA_zpsrhexpofr.jpg

You can see the Broadway bridge-building progress from Dickey-Stephens:
 photo D5E4BFD8-CD1C-4945-BC3B-23ADA436FA1D_zpsjv3kbu7r.jpg

Buds:
 photo 54283D7B-C2DD-49A1-996F-B87CDBEF8189_zpsiqaetjod.jpg

Judge Kilgore left these weights behind, so I've been using them during lunch break. They weigh 6.6 lbs.
 photo 47B8E95A-6894-426E-89CD-9EC3A3BFB48E_zpso9kzdda6.jpg

Got my first foul ball at Dickey-Stephens:
 photo 450F52EA-D289-4E86-A37E-0B0FD333B9F0_zpspajcckdp.jpg

 photo 58691987-7A10-45C9-ABCF-E925BA974655_zpsf2z2upb0.jpg

Gifts from ATM:
 photo CBA5CEA4-1B38-4D2B-97FD-4A3A523C4DDA_zpseas7j8an.jpg

I feel like it's been a long time since I've seen the L'eggs eggs. I'm a little more excited about this blast from the past than I should be. Oh, and I recently remembered and reminisced about the ham sandwiches from the Kmart deli with my mum. They were so good with their American cheese food slices, yellow mustard, and their shredded iceberg lettuce on a hamburger bun. It's kinda wild what memories have been pushed through lately.
 photo AE94D8F8-929D-4FF1-BD28-F97BC6B219AA_zpsvwnbr2dw.jpg

My co-worker Jo-Bear and I have been leaving work to take breaks. Ice cream one day, lunch at Kent Walker's another. On this trip, the proprietor was IN and he gave us a private tour. It was awesome. The cheese is excellent and they usually have beers that go well with all of that on tap. I'm pretty happy about this particular local biz. Get it:
 photo CAE8705F-4129-4CB5-A60A-80AF29081A80_zpsqe4f137s.jpg


 photo 5B822515-303F-4623-9135-CEE4E0A7235E_zpss4cmiyro.jpg

 photo 37B986D6-E85B-4FD8-A1D0-A03E4CA4F6C7_zpst4db2u40.jpg

My new air plant holder by Hello Happy Plants! I've actually got a couple more on the way...
 photo A0B15F37-184F-49D6-B8AA-7C018E87549A_zpsoaf49duk.jpg

 photo BA11219A-C846-4B73-922E-0363FF8A8A34_zpsyhnfzahd.jpg

 photo 3F34187C-3814-43C1-BF1B-6D5393FB2DF4_zps90eritea.jpg

This is why it's no good to let nostalgia take the driver's seat. Not as good as I remembered, trying to figure out a cocktail:
 photo DB0785EE-D51B-48AE-A546-F621F6E571B9_zpsh5bj2k4a.jpg

No comments:

Blog Archive